If you are preparing for surgery, don’t wait for the post-op pain and struggle to start your recovery!
Pre-surgery physical therapy (prehab), will help you recover faster, feel less post-op pain, dramatically reduce the risk of complications, and reduce your post-care services (e.g., skilled nursing facility).
Who will benefit from a pre-surgery evaluation?
Prehab can help you start your road to recovery early and help you heal faster if you have an upcoming…
- Shoulder surgery
- Knee surgery
- Hip surgery
- Foot surgery
- Back surgery
- Cardiac surgery
- Ligament repair procedure
What is involved in a pre-surgery evaluation?
Schedule a Prehab evaluation to be prepared mentally and physically for your surgery.
- Education – help you understand what you can keep doing without risking further damage
- Pre-surgery strength and mobility exercises specific to your procedure – get an understanding of the exercises you will perform after surgery and precautions afterwards,
- Meet the staff you will be working with – visit our staff page to learn more about our team,
- Become familiar with the facility,
- And if necessary, get information about a skilled therapy stay at Millard Care and Rehab, Delta or Fillmore Community Hospitals, or other skilled care facilities.
When should I schedule a pre-surgery evaluation?
The sooner you schedule your evaluation the better! In fact, most insurance companies prefer you to have at least one pre-op therapy visit to begin strength and mobility exercises as this can shorten your therapy on the post-op side.
Who will I be working with after surgery?
We have a great team of therapists in Millard County led by our very own Dr. Andrew Wankier, DPT and Clinical Director of Skilled Therapy Services. He will help coordinate your physical therapy care at any of the skilled facilities in the area.
How do I schedule an appointment?
To schedule a pre-surgical appointment, or for more information, give us a call at (435)864-2551 in Delta and (435)743-6100 in Fillmore!