Back pain is the most common pain experienced by every individual in some part of their lives. Primarily, it affects the region of the lower back and may persist for some days or even weeks. Physical therapists at Delta /Fillmore Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine in Fillmore, UT, are offering a variety of physical therapy treatments to manage the back pain.
Common causes of back pain are:
- Lack of movement and activity
- Poor posture
- Or a combination of these both factors.
This back pain is referred to as mechanical back pain, which is not a very serious condition. Back pain can be sometimes frustrating and uncomfortable if the pain is continually persisting.
Ideally, the treatment which can benefit a lot in back pain is Physiotherapy for the wellness of an individual suffering from back pain.
Physiotherapy focuses on:
- Correction of posture
- Appropriate activities and exercises
- Techniques for self-treatment
In some other cases, the cause of low back pain can be other disorders as disc prolapse, ankylosing spondylitis, an impingement in joints, fractures, arthritis, and osteoporosis.
Physical therapists in Fillmore, UT, are professionally trained to treat a variety of pain-related clinical conditions.
While going for treatment with exercises, one should determine the movement in which pain aggravates the most such as flexion, biased pain, or extension biased pain.
Extension based exercises
- Cow Stretches – Get on your hands and knees, keep your spine neutral and inhale and exhale.
- Prone Press Ups – Lie on the stomach and lift the upper body while keeping your arms under shoulders.
Flexion based exercises –
- The cat stretches – Get on your hands and knees, keep your spine neutral and extend your head (look towards the ceiling.
- Prayer stretches – Bring your palms in front of the chest below the chin and slowly lower your hands towards the waistline, keep your hands closed and together until you feel some stretch in your forearms.
- Single knee to chest exercises – Bring the knee in flexion and move it towards your chest, now, give a little stretch while holding the knee with both hands.
For multifidus and erector spinae muscles:
- Quadruped arm lifts/bracing: Kneel on the ground in a quadruped position, keep the spine neutral and raise the arm and opposite leg straight out.
- Quadruped leg lifts/bracing: Adapt the same position as above but now lift the leg alternating with the arms.
Abdominal strengthening exercises:
- Abdominal bracing and heel slides – lie straight or supine on the ground and slide the heel towards the body.
- Abdominal bracing and leg lifts – lie supine and lift the alternating legs straight up.
- Abdominal bracing and bridging exercises – lie straight or supine with knees bent at 90 degrees and now lift the back.
Other physical therapy treatments include:
- Postural correction
- Aerobic conditioning exercises
- Manual therapy and mobilization
- Self-stretching exercises
Best physical therapy clinic at Delta /Fillmore Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine in Fillmore, UT for back pain
Delta /Fillmore Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine in Fillmore, UT, is the best physical therapy clinic for treating various types of back pain and lumbar pain. Physical therapists in Fillmore, UT, have professional experience in dealing with back pain. They are professionally trained to encounter various clinical complications associated with back pain.