Everyone has fallen at some point in their lives. However, as you grow older the risk of falls increases. At Delta/Fillmore Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, you will find an affordable and actionable program of preventing falls.
Fall Prevention Program
The physical therapists at Delta/Fillmore Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine will guide you through the following sessions to prevent falls:
- Exercise program
- Information sessions on home safety
Our therapists first assess your balance and mobility then help you plan an exercise program that will meet your specific needs. The exercise program is tailored to aid your coordination, balance and strength to help improve your health as well as prevent the risk of falls.
Information sessions on home safety
Our therapists will take you through important tips of making your homes safe so as to prevent falls. They include:
- Improve lighting in the house
- Remove any throw rugs on the paths
- Clean up any spilled liquids on the floor
- Install handrails on the stairs
- Install grab bars in the bathroom
Benefits of Fall Prevention Program
- Reduces the risk of falls
- Improves mobility and balance
- Increases independence in mobility
Our physical therapists in Delta and Fillmore feel that exercise programs provide successful treatment for falls. Starting these programs early will improve agility and prevent the risk of falls in future. For more information on our Fall Prevention Program visit our offices in Fillmore and Delta, UT.