The qualified individual must be a graduate of an accredited, approved physical therapy program and be a licensed Physical Therapist or eligible for licensure in the state of Utah. This person must possess strong clinical rehab skills/knowledge and the ability to perform all aspects of a complex treatment. The selected individual should be a team player, possess strong independent problem solving skills and demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and positive rapport with management, office staff, patients, physicians, other health professionals, and community members.
The qualified individual should be a team player, have a strong professional demeanor and possess effective interpersonal skills. The individual must also be able to perform the physical demands of the position.
● Conduct evaluations, and administer treatments to patients using various physical therapy modalities and procedures based upon physician orders and within the scope of practice for Physical Therapists and Delta Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, PC.
● Maintain a positive attitude toward the profession and the organization.
● Perform initial evaluations and establish appropriate long and short term measurable goals.
● Provide appropriate treatment following procedures and established techniques.
● Accurately records patient’s response to the treatment each time a patient is treated.
● Document patient change in status/progress each time a patient is treated.
● Discuss patient progress with your clinical director.
● Discuss the patient’s progress with family when appropriate.
● Write evaluations, discharge summary, interim updates, etc. as necessary.
● Maintain open communication with clinical director, management, office and professional staff.
● Maintain the goals of strong patient satisfaction.
● Be an active member of the staff “team”.
● Attend and actively participate in all staff meetings.
● Ensure completion of all documentation and that it is legible and timely.
● Provide supervision to PTA, aides and students as directed by the clinical director.
● Conduct in-service education as directed by the clinical director.
● Assist in developing and implementing QA and Medicare/fraud compliance.
● Maintain and promote the highest level of patient confidentiality.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
● Doctorate degree in physical therapy from an accredited college.
● Licensed in the state of Utah
● CPR Certification
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
● Work regular hours to include call hours
● Physically demanding, high-stress environment
● Potential exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
● Pushing and pulling heavy objects
● Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
● Position requires light to moderate work with 50 lbs maximum weight to lift and carry
● Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hand and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.